Problem with WiFi connection

• Hi Forum members,

I am new to use #LoPy which I bought recently. I was following the tutorials and while setting up the WiFi somehow I totally lost the connection to #LoPy and cannon even able to reset with button provided. What I have done was copying this piece of code to boot.py and restart thats it.

from network import WLAN
    wlan = WLAN(mode=WLAN.STA)
    nets = wlan.scan()
    for net in nets:
    if net.ssid == 'mywifi':
    print('Network found!')
    wlan.connect(net.ssid, auth=(net.sec, 'mywifikey'), timeout=5000)
    while not wlan.isconnected():
    machine.idle() # save power while waiting
    print('WLAN connection succeeded!')
    break

Yes, of course, I have edited the file with my #WiFi credentials.

Let me know what I have done wrong and how I can get the #LoPy again working.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul.

• @RobTuDelft thx for the help.

• @rahul With the Atom plugin you can specifiy the com port to use in the settings. So you would change the ip-adress to a serial port. Username and password are not needed for serial coms. Under 'More' you can also find the option to 'Find Serial Ports'.

• @rahul
    as you use G20 i assume you have expansion board
    try connecting by UART
    i do not work with Atom but i suppose there is possibility to change connection from TCP/IP to UART.

Or use putty or Arduino IDE and there is Commport monitor

• @RobTuDelft Thanks for the quick reply. Safe boot seems quite tricky as I have lifted up the G20 pin while booting (correct me if I am wrong) and somehow either I cannot do it properly or is not working. About the Atom, how can I access the atom plugin if LoPy is not get connected? At plugin I am getting this error:
    Connecting on 192.168.4.1....
    Connection error: Error: Login time out

• @rahul You can boot in safe mode, or use Atom plugin for serial communication to still access it. Have you tried that?

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.