Deep sleep shield conflicts with UART

• I received the deep sleep shield for my LoPy board and included deepsleep.py in my project. Immediately some previous code that used the UART stopped working.
    After some hours i figured out it was due to my code and the deepsleep code using UART, which was unexpected.
    I now have a workaround by redefining the UART every time i need it. But its not ideal.
    Some documentation / guidance how to use the deep sleep shield with UART would be much appreciated.

• Hi @bucknall,
    My code does this:

uart = UART(1, baudrate=9600)

The deepsleep.py library does this:

self.uart = UART(1, baudrate=10000, pins=(COMM_PIN, ))

I did not expect the deepsleep library to use UART, hence the initial confusion.
    The docs state there are two UARTs on the LoPy but i did not find out how to differentiate the two yet (I'm still new to micropython).

My current workaround is to re-initialise the UART every time it is used. I will revisit this issue when the following blocking issue is solved: https://forum.pycom.io/topic/1685/lopy-with-deep-sleep-shield-hangs-after-x-go_to_sleep-commands

• Hi @Robin,

Could you please explain what exactly the issue you are having is?

Thanks,

Alex

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.