Pysense charging current

• Hi all,

Don't have the tools at hand to check directly, but I was wondering... What is the charging current provided by the Pysense LiPo battery charger?

The expansion board has a jumper to select 100 mA / 450 mA, but I don't think it's configurable on the Pysense, or is it?

I usually leave batteries to charge overnight so I never really paid attention, but I need to have a few charged quickly right now and wondering how long it will take ;-(

• @martinnn said in Pysense charging current:

@peterb If you look at the PCB, from pin 2 (ISET) of the charger a trace goes directly to a 0402 resistor (which is connected to GND), measuring 1.2 kOhm. Looks pretty obvious to me. Probably difficult to see without microscope though.

Thanks!
    I will find a mircroscope.

• @peterb If you look at the PCB, from pin 2 (ISET) of the charger a trace goes directly to a 0402 resistor (which is connected to GND), measuring 1.2 kOhm. Looks pretty obvious to me. Probably difficult to see without microscope though.

• @jmarcelino said in Pysense charging current:

Hi @jcaron
    The charger on Pysense/Pytrack is not configurable - always set to 450mA

450 mA is a bit much for a 300 mAh battery specified for max 1 C chargecurrent.
    Which resistor to replace to get it to 300 mA?
    i.e. according BQ 24040 spec relace a 1k2 resistor with a 1k8 resistor?

• Hi @jcaron
    The charger on Pysense/Pytrack is not configurable - always set to 450mA

Pycom on Twitter