Ideas for a new forum layout
We are looking to revamp the structure/layout/architecture for our Forum. I for one do not like the way in which it is difficult to go find latest posts, relevant content etc. We have started investigating some new platforms but I would like YOU to give us input. You who use this forum daily (and other forums) will have some great input so please do share!
If you want to give this one to one then email me firstname.lastname@example.org
I want to hear from as many of you as possible so that we bring out a new forum which addresses many of the issues you may be facing.
HelalBR last edited by HelalBR
@frida I couldn't agree more! It took me some time to understand that when I get to a topic the first message is the OP and then I have to scroll all the way down and start reading from bottom to top. Really weird. At least order by oldest to newest by default, please =D
crumble last edited by
- a button too format source code. As a quick fix, place the comand on top of the help page.
- Pin the thread about the latest firmware versions, so people may not open that many threads for problems with new releases.
- An optional warning ticker, if we shall not update
livius last edited by livius
@Frida - i have upvoted your post - now you can post without delay
for your particular problem use
Sort-by- you can then have post ordered in way as you like
the forum is not so bad. I seen really bad forums.
Here you have:
- formatting (http://commonmark.org/help/)
- recent (https://forum.pycom.io/recent)
- popular (https://forum.pycom.io/popular)
- fork topic
- pin topic
- sort order
- spam prevention (time limit for new users)
- online status , icons
- image content storage
- tags (https://forum.pycom.io/tags)
some improvement needed:
- bookmark with custom tag or "folder" structure
- category "mostly bookmarked post"
- topic state like "solved"
- button "need attention for admins" - i do not talking about spam messages, and also i do not talk about admins like moderators only dev team
- have more content width - https://forum.pycom.io/post/13315
- share "button" - more intuitive way to get link for some post - (not all people know how to copy link to specific post) i do not talk about share with facebook and others only simple link
Frida last edited by
At least change the flow, so we scrool forward, instead of the annoying scroll backward to read the forum, I believe your are the only forum that do so.