• Hello,

I was using a 2G connection with our SIM cards for the other project but I fear it won't be able to work with the FiPy. Do you know how we could achieve to get internet through LTE-M (or NB-IoT) just to send some payload via MQTT?
    Application countries would be first in Germany but also in Brazil.
    Even if our SIM cards would not work I guess there would be a possibility for Germany since their network is expanding, but I'm quite unsure of Brazil...

I thought at the beginning that the FiPy would be able to do a simple internet connection via LTE, but I guess I've been wrong there :s

• I guess we will need to go for SigFox until everything is settled.
    I forgot to mention one question: I saw that AT commands are coming in near time on other posts.
    I didn't see a method in the documentation about how to connect to an APN of the SIM card. So I don't know if this method comes with those AT commands or if there is another solution to it.

Thanks for your response so far =)

• @toppert
    We’ll support NB-IoT in Germany soon, but NB-IoT in general - due to its nature - won’t support TCP connections needed for MQTT

Some carriers do give (better said - you
    must use it) access to NB-IoT data through their IoT cloud server which you can then connect to via MQTT

On LTE-M (Cat M1) I’m not aware of any specific plans for Germany but really all carriers are considering it at some point

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.