pycom-fwtool-cli

• I have downloaded and installed the newest 'pycom_firmware_update_1.12.0.b0.exe' on my Windows 10 64bit laptop. With this installation I also got 'pycom-fwtool-cli.exe'.
    When after connecting my LoPy4 on its expansion board running the command 'pycom-fwtool-cli.exe list' I get:
    COM4 [USB Serial Port (COM4)] [FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6015+DO0038KYA\0000]

However all other commands, e.g.;

• pycom-fwtool-cli.exe -p COM4 chip_id
    • pycom-fwtool-cli.exe -p COM4 wmac
    • pycom-fwtool-cli.exe -p COM4 write
    • pycom-fwtool-cli.exe -p COM4 nvs

All result in:
    Running in FTDI mode
    Exception: Failed to connect to ESP32: Invalid head of packet ('\xe4'), on line 397

What is going wrong?

• @seb
    Yes I meant copying single files.

I installed mpfshell and this can do the job for me. I did use an FTP toool for this, bud when using the WiFi radio in my app I constntly had to switch between IP addresses.

Thanks again.

• @lambert
    Do you mean copying single script files? This tool is lower level than that so currently does not parse the FAT file system but I can pass on the suggestion to the team working on this tool.

In the meantime I can suggest tools like: mpfshell, rshell or ampy. These are command line tools with similar functionality to Pymakr and let you push and pull files via Serial

• I expected to have an option to copy a single to/from my pyCom board bud such a command seems not to be present, why is a copy command not provided?

• Hi Seb,

Thanks for the (very) fast response!

Indeed that solved the problem. Looking again to the documentation (https://docs.pycom.io/chapter/advance/cli.html) this is stated, but I didn't notice it.

Tip for the developers: make this requirement more visable in the doc and/or let the tool give this remark as error response!

• Have you put the module into bootloader mode? You need to connect a jumper cable between G23 and GND on the expansion board, then press the reset button on the Pycom module before running each command.

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.