Higher power consumption on Lopy4

• Hello,

Since a few days, one of my Lopy4 has a higher power consumption which makes the deep sleep inefficient.
    I'm talking about 40-50 mA. So when I use the machine.deepsleep(), the consumption is about 50 mA while powering through USB. It's strange since it was much lower when I tested it before.

So I took a new Lopy4 and this one works well. I even changed the expansion board and nothing changed. I'm quite confused why it is consuming more now than before? Did I damage it somehow?
    I realised when one project prototype went off much earlier due to this difference in consumption.

Also just a question aside : I read that the consumption of the regulator is about 10 mA. Is this also true for the Lopy4 with the Expansion V3 Board?

• @jcaron

Yeah pretty sure it's in deep sleep at that moment. This +50mA is constant in deepsleep but also in normal state.

So for example it draws 160-170mA instead of 110-120mA on the other LoPy with the same configuration and program. And in sleep it consumes 50mA while the other one around 0.215mA.

It might be a simple mismanipulation but it's still strange that it's exactly 50mA.
    On the next prototype I will try to check the consumption before seding it as a test just to be sure.

• @toppert if power draw is really important for you, you should definitely power via the battery connector rather than USB.

50 mA is what you would get with a LoPy + Pysense when fully awake, not sure about a LoPy 4 + expansion board. Are you sure there isn’t something preventing it from going to sleep or waking it back up right away?

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.