pymakr on mac

• pymakr is not willing to start at all, it just happens - nothing. Can you help?
    (Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1)

• @Nils, welcome, thanks for your feedback :)

• @abilio yes, that solved it! updated macports to the latest "sierra" version and then did a "port upgrade outdated" - now pymakr is running fine. thanks for the quick support and pointing me to the right direction.

best, nils

• @Nils, do you happen to have macports installed in your computer?

• @abilio here it is, looks like libpng16.16.dylib is outdated, can i update this someway?

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Resources/src/pymakr.py", line 103, in <module>
    from E5Gui.E5Application import E5Application
    File "/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Resources/src/E5Gui/E5Application.py", line 13, in <module>
    from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QApplication
    File "/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Resources/src/Toolbox/PyQt4ImportHook.py", line 61, in load_module
    module = importlib.import_module(newname)
    File "/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/importlib/init.py", line 37, in import_module
    import(name)
    ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/QtGui.so, 2): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libpng16.16.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
    Reason: Incompatible library version: QtGui requires version 38.0.0 or later, but libpng16.16.dylib provides version 32.0.0

• @Nils, Ok, can you try to run it directly from the command line. You'll find the script that launches it in:

/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/MacOS

Please post the results

• @abilio second time ;-) i already tried to remove it complety and reinstalled it once again. the command line is my best friend :-)

• @Nils, first time you install it in this computer? How used are you to the command line?

• @abilio thanks - i moved it to the applications folder

• @Nils, this will sound as a silly question, but did you drag and drop it to the Applications directory or you're starting it directly from the dmg?

Pycom on Twitter