pymakr on mac

• pymakr is not willing to start at all, it just happens - nothing. Can you help?
    (Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1)

• @Nils, welcome, thanks for your feedback :)

• @abilio yes, that solved it! updated macports to the latest "sierra" version and then did a "port upgrade outdated" - now pymakr is running fine. thanks for the quick support and pointing me to the right direction.

best, nils

• @Nils, do you happen to have macports installed in your computer?

• @abilio here it is, looks like libpng16.16.dylib is outdated, can i update this someway?

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Resources/src/pymakr.py", line 103, in <module>
    from E5Gui.E5Application import E5Application
    File "/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Resources/src/E5Gui/E5Application.py", line 13, in <module>
    from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QApplication
    File "/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Resources/src/Toolbox/PyQt4ImportHook.py", line 61, in load_module
    module = importlib.import_module(newname)
    File "/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/importlib/init.py", line 37, in import_module
    import(name)
    ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/QtGui.so, 2): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libpng16.16.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
    Reason: Incompatible library version: QtGui requires version 38.0.0 or later, but libpng16.16.dylib provides version 32.0.0

• @Nils, Ok, can you try to run it directly from the command line. You'll find the script that launches it in:

/Applications/Pymakr.app/Contents/MacOS

Please post the results

• @abilio second time ;-) i already tried to remove it complety and reinstalled it once again. the command line is my best friend :-)

• @Nils, first time you install it in this computer? How used are you to the command line?

• @abilio thanks - i moved it to the applications folder

• @Nils, this will sound as a silly question, but did you drag and drop it to the Applications directory or you're starting it directly from the dmg?

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.