FiPy connects COM forever and

• Hello every one,

A week ago I've started to work with my FiPy module with Extension Board 2.0 and this is also my first time with ESP32.
    During this week everythink was fine. I've been making tutorials one by one form https://docs.pycom.io/chapter/gettingstarted/registration/lora.html

Just yesterday I've faces with frist problem with "Not safe booting, disabled in settings", I've stack for a moment i couldn't upload any code to my FiPy but I was able to fix this problem without doing nothing actually :)

Just today i faced with another problem. In both IDEs Atom and VS Code I have the same problem. Its stack during connecting - result :
    Connecting port COM5... and I can't reach arrows >>>
    What is interesting I'm able to upload code to FiPy from project using "Upload" button. Here is the resoult :

Connecting on COM5...

Uploading project (main folder)...
    Not safe booting, disabled in settings

Reading file status
    [1/1] Writing file main.py
    Upload done, resetting board...
    OKets Jun 8 2016 00:22:57

rst:0x7 (TG0WDT_SYS_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
    configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
    clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
    mode:DIO, clock div:1
    load:0x3fff8028,len:8
    load:0x3fff8030,len:1728
    load:0x4009fa00,len:0
    load:0x4009fa00,len:14584
    entry 0x400a059c
    Pybytes library: v0.9.0
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "main.py", line 9
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    Pycom MicroPython 1.18.0.r1 [v1.8.6-849-9569a73] on 2018-07-20; FiPy with ESP32
    Type "help()" for more information.

Code has been load to board beacuse I can see blinking RGB diode with diferent colours (just for testing)
    And there I can see the arrows at the bottom but I can write any commends here.

Information bout firmwere versions, IDE etc:
    I have two FiPys module with extension bords 2.0
    FiPys firmware version1.18.0.r1
    Visual Studio version 1.25.1
    Atom version: 1.29.0
    Pymakrs version 1.0.1
    Jumpers : RTS and CTS are removed, rest of them is on its place
    Windows 10 64bit

Ps.

During wrting this I've reach arrows >>> at terminal for the moment but it was temporary :(

I will be very glad for help

• @szyba91 P12 can be pulled up directly. But using a resistor is also OK. 4.7K is a good choice.
    CTRL-F is to be pushed in the Terminal window, where you expect the REPL prompt. it will be caught the the serial interrupt handler.

• @egimbernat Right! Thanks - actually the currernt situation is in the "Exp Board 2.0 serial communication problem" in extension board tag. And it seams that it is not realted to code bugs :/

• @robert-hh P12 schould be pulled to Vcc by resistor right ? Crrl-f should be pushed insted of "upload" ? (sorry for silly questions)

• @szyba91 You could try a safe boot, either by pushing Ctrl-f of booting with p12 pulled high.

• @szyba91 at first glance, your code is causing an error, this could lead to REPL power off, since technically your code is crashing.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "main.py", line 9
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

You may also check for any other source that is using that port (COM5), for example many Atom windows and Pycom updater.

Pycom on Twitter