Issue Resolved: WiFi connection using 192.168.4.1

• Hi,
    I have been so far been using my FiPys with VS studio and USB connection with PyTrack for months without trouble. But, now I need to switch my connection to Wifi or BLE ( as my Fipy needs to be removed from PyTrack and moved to my own dev board) . I tried the steps defined under VS Studio section and followed some of the forum blogs but I don't seem to see the 192.168.4.1 connection working. I have added my WLAN SSID details etc into my boot.py and tried connecting with my PC's WIFi with
    "FiPy-wlan-6bfc" or "FiPy-wlan" and passowrd :www.pycom.io but I am sure I am doing something wrong. Please advise.

Connecting on COM25...

Found 5 serialports
    COM25 (FTDI) (copied to clipboard)
    COM1 ((Standard port types))
    COM18 (Brother)
    COM4 (Intel)
    COM3 (SUNIX Co., Ltd.)
    >>> os.uname()
    (sysname='FiPy', nodename='FiPy', release='1.18.1.r7', version='v1.8.6-849-d1c5ea9 on 2018-12-17', machine='FiPy with ESP32', lorawan='1.0.2', sigfox='1.0.1')

• @throwaway
    Re: Issue: WiFi connection using 192.168.4.1
    Thanks much. Per suggest AP mode was not O, manual wlan.init(), did the trick, and its working:

>>> import pycom
    >>> from network import WLAN
    >>> wlan=WLAN()
    >>> wlan.mode()
    >>> wlan.init()
    >>> wlan.mode()
    >>> wlan.ssid()
    'lopy-wlan-4080'
    >>> wlan.auth()
    (3, 'www.pycom.io')
    >>>

Thanks much!!

• Just to confirm. You can see the FiPy's wireless network and connect to it with the pc. but still cant access the fipy?

• Out of the box I believe the device will enable WiFi and configure itself as an access point, behaving as if you have done something like:

import pycom
    from network import WLAN

# https://docs.pycom.io/firmwareapi/pycom/pycom.html#pycomwifionbootenable
    pycom.wlan_on_boot(True)

wlan = WLAN()
    wlan.init(mode=WLAN.AP, ssid='wipy-wlan', auth=(WLAN.WPA2,'www.wipy.io'), channel=7, antenna=WLAN.INT_ANT)

# id=1 is for configuring the AP mode
    wlan.ifconfig(id=1, config=('192.168.4.1', '255.255.255.0', '192.168.4.1', '8.8.8.8'))

See here:

If you scan for WLAN networks on your PC you should be able to see the FiPy device if it's in AP mode.

If not, it might be because you have fiddled around with the WLAN configuration so that the device will boot up as an AP configured with your WLAN SSID details (as opposed to connecting as a station to that WLAN SSID).

You can tell by calling wlan.mode(), wlan.ssid() and wlan.auth() after boot and see what the current setup is.

Pycom on Twitter