uart irq for Fipy

• Hi all,
    I need a receive callback event for uart. From the micropython site and also from a previous discussion from this forum, I found the following implementation
    uart1.irq(uart1.RX_ANY, priority=1, handler=irq_uart1, wake=machine.IDLE)

However, on my Fipy it shows this error,
    AttributeError: 'UART' object has no attribute 'irq'

This is the current firmware version
    (sysname='FiPy', nodename='FiPy', release='1.18.2', version='v1.8.6-849-07a52e4 on 2019-02-08', machine='FiPy with ESP32', lorawan='1.0.2', sigfox='1.0.1')

Is the uart.irq only available for wipy? How can I get this on fipy board? Does it require to upgrade the firmware?

• @robert-hh Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Threading worked quite well for my application.

• @sanjoy You can use threading or uasyncio. Threading is easier to understand. It just uses more RAM, but that should be not problem with a FiPy.

• Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Could you please suggest me how should I implement this? Any example available?
    I need uart.irq for fipy, so that it does not need to perform polling to check if any rx data is available.

• This post is deleted!

• Hello Sanjoy.

We dont expose the ability to receive a callback event on uart irq's. our implementation is a little different to the standard Micropython versions.

Pycom on Twitter