pybytes wifi connection issue

• Hello,

I'm trying to get the pybytes firmware running with either our company test wifi or my LTE routers wifi. But I have problems with mqtt packets send by the pybytes module. Atleast on some networks. For example: If I open an hotspot from my smartphone, my lopy connects to pybytes platform no problem. But none of my other networks seem to work. On both internet and DNS seem to work fine.

I'm running pybytes Firmware version 1.18.2.r6.

When I build a wlan connection like that:

from network import WLAN
    wlan = WLAN()
    wlan.init(mode=WLAN.S)
    wlan.init(mode=WLAN.STA)
    wlan.ifconfig(config='dhcp')
    wlan.connect('fitlet-subu', auth=(WLAN.WPA2, '...'))
    print(wlan.ifconfig())
    # output ('10.42.0.135', '255.255.255.0', '10.42.0.1', '10.42.0.1')

It works like expected. But when I try to connect the pybytes firmware (either with pybytes_autostart set on True or manully by calling pybytes.connect_wlan() ) I only get this Error (pybytes_debug set to 6):
    Unknown error while connecting to MQTT server [Errno 113] EHOSTUNREACH

{'wifi': {'ssid': 'fitlet-subu', 'password': '[...]'}, 'pybytes_autostart': False, 'username': '[...]', 'server': 'mqtt.pybytes.pycom.io', 'cfg_msg': 'Pybytes configuration read from /flash/pybytes_config.json', 'ssl': False, 'device_id': '[...]', 'network_preferences': ['wifi'], 'dump_ca': False, 'wlan_antenna': 0, 'ota_server': {'port': 443, 'domain': 'software.pycom.io'}}

[censored some values with [...] ]

I have full controll over the network in my LTE router, is there some wifi config needed, that I might have forgotten?

Also I couldn't find a documentation for the pybytes module. Is there something that explains the methodes and there arguments (like pybytes.send_custom_message() ).

Thanks in advance.

Robert

• @jirkakrepl Thanks for the info.

• Hi @robi90

that's good that you resolved your problems. At this time we recommend just to use pybytes.send_signal method for sending data to Pybytes.

Currently, we haven't documented pybytes-library yet. But it's opensource, so you can take a look at the other functions: https://github.com/pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox/blob/pybytes-master/esp32/frozen/Base/_pybytes.py

The whole library is in the Base folder:
    https://github.com/pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox/tree/pybytes-master/esp32/frozen/Base

• @robi90 said in pybytes wifi connection issue:

Also I couldn't find a documentation for the pybytes module. Is there something that explains the methodes and there arguments (like pybytes.send_custom_message() ).

Thanks in advance.

Robert

Although I'm still wondering, if there is a documentation for pybytes functions.

• Ok sorry, It's been dealt with. I found the problem already. Our firewall was blocking requests going out and I connected the LTE router to our network to save bandwidth.

After opening the outgoing firewall ports it works. Whoops.

Pycom on Twitter