LoPy Nano-Gateway Extended (Timeout and Retry)

• Hi @Butch

There's previously was a small bug in the gateway and node code where you need to specify the spread factor (e.g. sf=7).

This has since been patched in the latest firmware release, please try to update your device and your code should now work!

Cheers!

• @Butch said in LoPy Nano-Gateway Extended (Timeout and Retry):

I've tried the examples, but I am not having any success. The gateway is not receiving any messages with length > 0. To the best of my knowledge, there are no other LoRa devices in use, and I am using only one gateway and one node.

Any suggestions on how to debug this?

Thanks!

Following up on my own post (poor form, I know, but what to do?), I thought I'd provide more information:

• I am trying to use one LoPy on an expansion board with antenna as a gateway, and one with the same setup as a node.
    • I am running this code on the gateway (http://pastebin.com/PDCnq2gF) and this on the node (http://pastebin.com/Ztf5QMWY).
    • I am seeing constant messages of zero length being received on the gateway:
    Starting LoRaNanoGateway
    Received message, length = 0

• I am seeing no acknowledgements on the node:
    Starting LoRaNanoNode on device 1
    Sending a message from device 1
    MESSAGE FAILED
    MESSAGE FAILED
    MESSAGE FAILED
    MESSAGE FAILED

I have tried four different LoPy's in two different physical locations, so I don't think I'm having any RF pollution issues.

I could really use some help with this.

Thanks!

• Hello Roberto,

Where do I change the band?
    I don't see it in your scripts

• I've tried the examples, but I am not having any success. The gateway is not receiving any messages with length > 0. To the best of my knowledge, there are no other LoRa devices in use, and I am using only one gateway and one node.

Any suggestions on how to debug this?

Thanks!

• This post is deleted!

• Thank you for these examples!

Could you add a print(msg) in the gateway code?

It is more consistent with the previous example, and you know quicker that it works (should have started after the coffee this morning :-) )

• Thanks, I'll prove it

• @adrian12310407
    you must update firmware
    current version is 1.4.0.b1
    https://www.pycom.io/support/supportdownloads/

• this is the version
    (sysname='ESP32', nodename='ESP32', release='0.9.0b', version='8785822 on 2016-10-06', machine='LoPy with ESP32')

• @adrian12310407
    what version of firmware? You can heck by:
    os.uname()

• hallo and good day
    i'm beginner in micrpython
    and i have this error when i want use lopy as gateway

Running gatewaypy.py
    /home/danicampora/Code/pycom/esp-idf-new/components/freertos/./queue.c:1326 (xQueueGenericReceive)- assert failed!
    Guru Meditation Error: Core 0 panic'ed.
    Register dump:
    PC : Guru Meditation Error of type LoadProhibited occurred on core 0. Exception was unhandled.
    Register dump:

I do not understand why that mistake
    I hope you can help me
    thank you!!

Pycom on Twitter