Lopy to Lopy internally in our own house. (limitation)

• Lopy to Lopy internally in our own house. (limitation)
    I would like to scan sensors with one Lopy via Bluetooth and then send Lopy to the other via Lora-Mac.
    However, this should happen every minute.

In Lorawan mode there is a limit of 30 seconds of transmission time per day.
    Does this limit also apply to the pure Lora-Mac network?
    Does the Lopy then switch off and no longer transmit?

• @Eric73 Thanks for the info

• @Wolli01

Does Lopy check the time himself, so he can tune it down?

No, in lora task ( https://github.com/pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox/blob/Dev/esp32/mods/modlora.c ) i didn't see any of code doing this. You are responsible of time on air usage in raw lora (with lorawan it's mandatory and low level lorawan stack do this).

• @robert-hh Thanks

• @Wolli01 It is not the gateway bandwidth which is limited, since gateways use the internet for communication to the host. It is the air-time which is the limited resource, since at a given location and frequency the air can only be used by a single transmitter.

• @Eric73 Great and thanks for the explanation.
    I use it in NRW and broadcast with SF7.
    Does Lopy check the time himself, so he can tune it down?
    Actually it shouldn't matter on the Lora-Mac network, it doesn't transmit to any gateway.

• @Wolli01 said in Lopy to Lopy internally in our own house. (limitation):

30 seconds of transmission time per day

I don't know where you are (radio region), but in EU this limit doesn't exist in ISM frequency (see latest ETSI ISM specification).
    In ISM band EU, time on air limit change in function of frequency band and tx power. In 868Mhz with 14db power, limit is 1% time on air by hour so 3.6s, in SF12 with 12 byte payload each lora frame is near 1 second time on air (reach 15km distance*) so 3 by hours is the limit, but in SF7 the same frame is 51ms (reach 300m distance*) so you can send 70 frame by hours.
    Some IMS band (869.525Mhz+-250khz) have even higer limit (10% time on air and more power).
    So, for TX every minute you must use SF7 and then check if in your two lopy RX each other in SF7 and select your frequency according the limit you follow.

*distance is based on my experience in free field, line of sigth, sunny weather, device located at 1 meter of ground

Pycom on Twitter