Cannot get BW500 to work on my AU915 version of FiPy

• I am working with my FiPy into a ThingsNetwork gateway. I found over the last few years that the gateway was super unreliable, crashing after 10 to 15 minutes. Just recently while working on my house I powered down the FiPy and found the gateway ran 100% reliably, it was the FiPy taking it down.

I am guessing the standard default configuration of the FiPy is at fault. I used the example micro python program and now want to make some changes.

I tried this:

Initialize LoRa in LORAWAN mode.
    lora = LoRa(mode=LoRa.LORAWAN, bandwidth=LoRa.BW_500KHZ, region=LoRa.AU915, public=True)
    # set the LoRaWAN data rate
    s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_LORA, socket.SO_DR, 5)

and it ignored it. The Things gateway shows packets coming in as SF 7 BW 125
    I tried :

s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_LORA, socket.SO_DR, 0)

through 1,2,3,4 at the end of the string
    It ran even slower using SF12 and taking 2000 ms to send my 51 bytes.

How do I get it to send at SF7 BW500 as all my other LoRa devices do so I use less time and less bandwidth?

• Hi, according to LoraWAN regional parameters https://lora-alliance.org/sites/default/files/2018-05/lorawan_regional_parameters_v1.0.2_final_1944_1.pdf you can use SF7 BW500 by setting DR_13 so you may try

s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_LORA, socket.SO_DR, 13)

Most of lorawan post talk about DR0 to DR5 as it's the only available in E868 i guess

Pycom on Twitter