Trouble initiating pymesh on FiPy

• Hi,
    I've been trying to run the pymesh examples on my FiPy for some time now, but I can't get it working - I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "main.py", line 35, in <module>
      File "/flash/lib/pymesh.py", line 57, in __init__
      File "/flash/lib/mesh_interface.py", line 56, in __init__
      File "/flash/lib/mesh_internal.py", line 123, in __init__
      File "/flash/lib/loramesh.py", line 73, in __init__
      File "/flash/lib/loramesh.py", line 122, in _lora_init
    AttributeError: 'LoRa' object has no attribute 'Mesh'

I know this problem has been occurring on previous firmware versions, and the solution was to update it to version 1.19, however I've already updated it and I am running the newest version:

Pycom MicroPython 1.20.2.rc10 [v1.11-a159dee] on 2020-06-26; FiPy with ESP32
    Pybytes Version: 1.5.1

I am running the pymesh_frozen/main.py from master of pycom libraries folder on github. The lib folder is taken from the same location. Am I missing something?
    Also, I tried running the main-pybytes.py script on the other board which is connected to pybytes and there I got the error:

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__pymesh'

in

pymesh = pybytes.__pymesh.__pymesh

Any tips how to solve this? Both boards have the same firmware and pybytes version.

• Ok, it seems I found the solution, which was just downgrading the firmware to 1.20.0rc10.
    However, now I am experiencing the apparently known issue of Wi-Fi not working on legacy firmware (the WLAN.scan() function returns OSError: Scan operation failed)

So - does anyone know which version of firmware has no issues with both pymesh and Wi-Fi connection?

Pycom on Twitter