allthingtalk socket

• Hello,
    Does someone has ever tried to connect a fipy to 'orange.allthingstalk.com', because I do not manage to connect a socket, it allways shows the error "[Errno 113] ECONNABORTED"
    I have a fipy + expansion board with a orange SIM card.

>>> lte.connect()
    >>> lte.isconnected()
    True
    >>> address = socket.getaddrinfo('api.allthingstalk.io',8891)
    >>> print(address)
    [(2, 1, 0, '', ('40.68.172.187', 8891))]
    >>> s = socket.socket()
    >>> s = ssl.wrap_socket(s)
    >>> s.connect(address[0][-1])
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    OSError: [Errno 113] ECONNABORTED
    >>> 

On the other hand, I manage to connect socket to 'google':

>>> lte.connect()
    >>> lte.isconnected()
    True
    >>> address = socket.getaddrinfo('www.google.com', 443)
    >>> print(address)
    [(2, 1, 0, '', ('172.217.17.36', 443))]
    >>> s = socket.socket()
    >>> s = ssl.wrap_socket(s)
    >>> 

It would be great if I had a solution. Thank you in advance

• One minor addition I wanted to make.. If AllThingsTalk uses the MQTT protocol, you should not use the HTTP request I was suggesting, but switch to the MQTTClient library from micropython

• @Gijs Thank you for your investment. I am going to work with your answer and will inform you as soon as I have a result.
    Best regards

• Hi
    Sorry, my experience is limited with allthingstalk. I believe you should connect to port 80, and then send a HTTP request (GET / POST depending on your settings)
    I found this online: https://docs.allthingstalk.com/developers/api/get-started/first-device/
    It seems you have to attach the autorization in the headers, and implement your JSON data where i mention data.

When searching, I also found a Python library for allthingstalk, maybe that is compatible with micropython, but Im not sure.. That might make things easier.

In this example, I manually construct the HTTP header and data, such that it will be received properly by AllThingsTalk: (Sorry I did not test this for mistakes in the HTTP, it is merely what it should look like)

import socket

s = socket.socket()
    address = socket.getaddrinfo('api.allthingstalk.io',80)[0][-1]

s.connect(address)

s.send(b'GET /device/token HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n Authorization: Bearer maker:token \r\n "Content-Type: application/json" data'

• @Gijs Thank you for your answer.
    It seems to connect with port 80.

>>> s = socket.socket()
    >>> address = socket.getaddrinfo('40.68.172.187',80)
    >>> print(address)
    [(2, 1, 0, '', ('40.68.172.187', 80))]
    >>> s.send(b'R5VBDxxxxxxxxrmROhNnpSgD\nmaker:4SRXQxxxxxxxx1VeVtzN6xSghrrwi5pzkpqgTQq\n{"Test01":{"value":1}}')
    >>> 

I do not have any response on "https://orange.allthingstalk.com/"
    dffdd437-8272-4c06-8763-866fb556d238-image.png
    Do I use the right format of micro python command to send the value of Test01?

• Hi,

I get this as well for api.allthingstalk.io on port 8891, but it does not happen on port 80. I believe the connection is being refused as the port is not open?

Pycom on Twitter