can't get PyMakr to start in VSCode
Already blown 1/2 a day trying to trouble shoot this and getting no where, please help!
I followed the instructions on setting my PyMakr https://docs.pycom.io/gettingstarted/software/vscode/
- I am using a Windows machine
- I already had VScode installed with PlatformIO
- I downloaded node.js 64 bit version, I couldn't get PyMakr to work, so removed and installed the 32 bit version as advised in Pycom trouble shooting. Both gave same result.
- Confirmed Node is installed using node -v in command prompt (v12.18.3)
This is odd as VScode is saying it is using version 12.14.1 of Node.js
- VScode version is 1.49.00
- PyMakr plugin is v1.1.6, it is installed globally
- The PyMakr device is coming up as following COMM port
I am not getting the blue bar down the bottom. I have a purple bar which is from Platform IO.
Any help on what to do? Not sure where I have gone wrong. Thanks
ahmadelmasri last edited by
Please check the new version 1.1.7!
@benc Yes, thanks, rolling back VScode one version worked. Appreciated!
Thanks for notifying us! We were not aware of the issue. Ill notify the developers!
This post is deleted!
I also have the issue since my VSCode updated to 1.49 (August 2020). Before this update, it was working.
So I guess that the VSCode update has killed the PyMakr plugin, like has happened in the past
If you manually install 1.48.2, it should work:
Then in settings, disable automatic updates.
This worked for me. Will need to keep using 1.48.2 until Pycom release a fix for PyMakr