Another new crash - byte code not implemented

• Actually, I am beginning to think that it's not worth posting as none of the other issues I have posted have been investigated or even replied to !

Sock Error: <class 'OSError'>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "P20", line 8190, in 
    NotImplementedError: byte code not implemented
    MicroPython v1.8.6-422-g516b861 on 2017-02-07; WiPy with ESP32
    Type "help()" for more information.

• @Shaun - my experience is very similar to yours, I have compromised and changed my code to avoid anything that I know or suspect will cause a problem, but without certain fundamental and reliable building blocks it is impossible to continue.

While I applaud their innovation and attempts at pushing the envelope, I wish that communication was better managed, for example I know nothing of this memory issue until you just mentioned it !

I face continued system reboots (Guru mediation unhandled exceptions) , socket disconnections (and never reconnect) and no matter how I streamline my code, I just can't prevent them, as you say there's only so much you can do.

I am guessing that their test environment does not include real world examples, but simplistic things like creating a thread that prints 'Hello World' while the main thread does nothing at all.

I have also spent soo much unnecessary time trying to convert libraries from esp8266 to esp32 instead of spending time on developing my apps, I would have expected pycom to create a comprehensive 'official' library of various sensor drivers and utilities and use this library to test against when rolling out any new releases.

• @crankshaft
    I too have run into the byte code not implemented error.
    I feel this and many other errors all stem from a corrupted memory bug, all of which started manifesting once I activated threading in my application.

As the size of the application grows, in my case any way, the errors start to snowball and eventually development just can't continue.

Working around the problems will only get you so far. Eventually one's application cannot be expanded any more as touching the code in any way breaks it.

Daniel has assured me the threading memory issue is to be corrected, soon.

I desperately hope so.

Pycom on Twitter