Pycom FiPy ADR not working on AS923 (TTN and Chirpstack)

• Hello there,

I have been using Pycom FiPy (EU868) for my deployments in the UK. I was able to get FiPy to work in LORAWAN mode with ADR functioning effectively. I have recently expanded my experiments in Singapore and has therefore attempted to use AS923 channel plan. The communications part of it worked properly but I was not able to get the ADR to work on both TTN and Chirpstack. Anyone has experienced working on the AS923 channel and also managed to get ADR to work. The following is my micropython source code:

from network import LoRa
    from network import Sigfox
    from network import WLAN
    from network import LTE
    from network import Sigfox
    from network import Bluetooth
    from network import Server
    from machine import I2C
    from machine import SD
    from machine import Pin
    from machine import UART
    #import _lora # Self-defined LoRa function
    import ssl
    import pycom
    import socket
    import ubinascii
    import struct
    import utime
    import os
    import time
    import machine
    #Deinit unused networks to reduce power consumption
    server = Server();
    wlan = WLAN();
    bluetooth = Bluetooth();
    server.deinit();
    wlan.deinit();
    bluetooth.deinit();
    lora = LoRa();
    lte = LTE();
    lte.deinit();
    pycom.heartbeat(False)

print( "FiPy Ready");
    lora = LoRa(mode=LoRa.LORAWAN, region=LoRa.AS923, adr=True)
    #set LoRa ABP
    dev_addr = struct.unpack(">l", ubinascii.unhexlify(""))[0];
    nwk_swkey = ubinascii.unhexlify("");
    app_swkey = ubinascii.unhexlify("");
    lora.join(activation=LoRa.ABP, auth=(dev_addr, nwk_swkey, app_swkey), dr=2, timeout = 0)
    s = socket.socket(socket.AF_LORA, socket.SOCK_RAW);   
    # set the LoRaWAN data rate
    s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_LORA, socket.SO_DR, 2 )
    s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_LORA, socket.SO_CONFIRMED, True);
    while( True ):
        try:
            # make the socket blocking
            # (waits for the data to be sent and for the 2 receive windows to expire)
            s.setblocking(True)

# send some data
            s.send(bytes([0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 ]))

# make the socket non-blocking
            # (because if there's no data received it will block forever...)
            s.setblocking(False)

# get any data received (if any...)
            data = s.recv(512)
            print('LoRa Stats: %s Data: %s' %(lora.stats(), data)  );
            pycom.rgbled(0x00FF00)
            time.sleep(1)
            pycom.rgbled(0x000000)  # Green
            time.sleep(29)
        except Exception as e:
            print( e )

Thanks.

Wong

• @Gijs
    Hello,
    I am currently using FiPy and LoPy4 and I am also trying to activate the ADR but using this firmware "pycom_firmware_updater_1.16.6". I have read here that you were able to achieve ADR with this firmware FiPy-1.20.2.r4_adr4.tar.gz I have yet to try with this. I also read that the change of SF was only after 70 packets, isn't possible to change after 2/3? In my use case, the gateway will pass by the end-node at a high speed.

• @Gijs

Hello Gijs,

Might take me some time to return with the results since the gateway and the nodes have been passed to the installation company. All the FiPys have been flashed with the last firmware you shared. Thanks.

Wong

• @bcwong71 Returning to this issue. I tested with the 'default' firmware (ie, where I only added debug statements): I got this after the first 64 messages (when the ADR changes), on TTN, AS923:

[modlora] TASK_LoRa: taking semaphore 1 
    [RegionAS923] AdrNext: AdrAckCounter 64, AdrEnabled: 1, old datarate 2
    datarate out 2, txpowout 0
    [LoRaMac] PrepareFrame: adrNext[LoRaMac] ScheduleTx: next channel 0, RX channel DR: 2
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923ComputeRxWindowParameters: datarate 2
    [LoRaMac] SendFrameOnChannel: channel 0
    [LoRaMac] SendFrameOnChannel: uplink frequency 923200000
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923RxConfig: RX config channel 0, frequency 923200000, datarate 2
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923RxConfig: RX config channel 0, frequency 923200000, datarate 2
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: nextIndex 5 
             status 7, chMask 127
             Channels[2].Frequency == 0, AND chMask == 127, status = 6
             Channels[3].Frequency == 0, AND chMask == 127, status = 6
             Channels[4].Frequency == 0, AND chMask == 127, status = 6
             Channels[5].Frequency == 0, AND chMask == 127, status = 6
             Channels[6].Frequency == 0, AND chMask == 127, status = 6
             exiting While loop, status 6
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: (before verify) linkAdrParams.Datarate 5, TxPower 0, NbRep 1
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: status variables drOut: 5, txPowOut:0, nbRepOut 1, nbBytesParsed:5, status: 6
    [modlora] McpsConfirm: Giving semaphore 4

It seems like we're trying to set channels 2-6, which are not default to the AS923 configuration. Also, I could not find any packets sent which were not on channles 0 and 1. the datarate did not change after this.

Next, this happend after the second 64 packets:

[LoRaMac] PrepareFrame: adrNext[LoRaMac] ScheduleTx: next channel 1, RX channel DR: 2
    [LoRaMac] SendFrameOnChannel: channel 1
    [LoRaMac] SendFrameOnChannel: uplink frequency 923400000
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923RxConfig: RX config channel 1, frequency 923400000, datarate 2
             status 7, chMask 3
             exiting While loop, status 7
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: (before verify) linkAdrParams.Datarate 5, TxPower 0, NbRep 1
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: status variables drOut: 5, txPowOut:0, nbRepOut 1, nbBytesParsed:5, status: 7

Note that the datare did change after this to 5, with txpow 0.

On the third set of 64 messages, it again resulted in what I got for the first set, trying to set channels 2-6. For the fourth set, we get the same as the second set..

Not sure what this means, or of the workings on ABP.

Could you verify that for me on TTN and Chirpstack, where you adapted the configuration (just upload 1.20.2.r4 and see in the TTN monitor if the datarate changes after ~125 packets)

Let me know of your result!

Gijs

• @Gijs

I was referring to the default channels under the ISM Band Channel Frequencies in https://lora-alliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/lorawan_regional_parameters_v1.0.2_final_1944_1.pdf.

The number of default channels for EU868 is 3 under 2.1.2 while the number of default channels for AS923 is 2 under 2.7.2. So apparently, our Chirpstack server channel masks were configured to 3 channels which conflicted with the default number of channels for AS923 which is 2. We initially thought we only had to make some changes to some common parameters like the frequency plan on Chirpstack server, previously on the EU868 plan to accommodate our experiment on the AS923 plan. We did not realise that the channel mask configuration was still set to that of the EU868 plan while the server in general operates on the AS923 plan. There was no way to easily edit the channel mask configuration. So, we created a new instance of the Chirpstack server instead.

Anyways, thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
    Wong

• Great that we were able to find the root cause in the end!

I will further evaluate the changes. Though what you mention here is interesting (not sure exactly which default channels you're talking about); this is essentially the only line that I changed in the AS923 configuration

// Re-enable default channels
    ChannelsMask[0] |= LC( 1 ) + LC( 2 );

to

ChannelsMask[0] |= LC( 1 ) + LC( 2 ) + LC( 3 );

from the EU868 region config. This does seem odd to me, definitely after you mentioned the 2 vs 3 default channels in the respective regions. Could you elaborate on that, I was not able to find a lot more information there..

• @Gijs
    Okay gijs,

Based on the debug prints, my team has finally been able to narrow down the root cause to be the wrong channel mask set in the Chirpstack server. We have editted the LoRa parameters in the Chirpstack server. Now, FiPy is able to work with ADR on both TTN and Chirpstack. Our Chirpstack server setting was inherited from the EU868 plan during our deployment in London. The number of default channels in EU868 is 3 while the number of default channels in AS923 is 2. The extra 3rd channel returned by LinkAdrReq caused the channel mask setup routine to fail resulting in the status value being changed to 0x06, which prevented the setting of the data rate and tx power for the next frame.

It is now time to rest the case. I hope any exposure or changes to the source code that have been implemented in our discussion will be introduced in the next firmware update so that users can benefit from them.

Thank you so much.

Wong

• Indeed. It seems Chirpstack tries to set the ADR for the 3rd (i = 2) channel which is undefined (frequency = 0). To be honest I have no clue on how it works exactly and what to do about that. Also it does not seem to happen regularly on TTN.

Channels[2].Frequency == 0, AND chMask == 7, status = 6

Could you confirm that you never get next tx channel 2 in this line: (As I feel like they would be related)

[LoRaMac] ScheduleTx: next channel 1, RX channel DR: 2

You could also try to use the following to add a channel on index 2. At the moment there is no method to check the available channels.

lora.add_channel(index, frequency, dr_min, dr_max)

• @Gijs

Hi, thanks for your help. Below are the results from TTN and Chirpstack respectively:

TTN:

[LoRaMac] PrepareFrame: adrNext[LoRaMac] ScheduleTx: next channel 1, RX channel DR: 2
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923RxConfig: RX config channel 1, frequency 923400000, datarate 2
             status 7, chMask 3
             exiting While loop, status 7
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: status variables drOut: 5, txPowOut:0, nbRepOut 1, nbBytesParsed:5, status: 7     
    [RegionAS923] AdrNext: AdrAckCounter 0, AdrEnabled: 1, old datarate 5
    datarate out 5, txpowout 0

Chirpstack:

[RegionAS923] AdrNext: AdrAckCounter 0, AdrEnabled: 1, old datarate 2
    [LoRaMac] PrepareFrame: adrNext[LoRaMac] ScheduleTx: next channel 0, RX channel DR: 2
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923ComputeRxWindowParameters: datarate 0
             status 7, chMask 7
             Channels[2].Frequency == 0, AND chMask == 7, status = 6
             exiting While loop, status 6
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: (before verify) linkAdrParams.Datarate 5, TxPower 2, NbRep 1
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: status variables drOut: 5, txPowOut:2, nbRepOut 1, nbBytesParsed:5, status: 6

From what I understand, on Chirpstack, the status was converted to "6" when an attempt was made to enable an undefined channel.

Thanks,

Denver

• Hi Gijs, adding my own debug prints means I need to compile the source code to generate the firmware file?

Yes, theres some instructions about that here: https://github.com/pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox

Maybe, the status variable should be added at the end of LinkAdrReq: (before verify).... so that we can determine if the status variable is already set to "6" prior to the RegionCommonVerify function.

Well, what I determined looking at the code, is the status must be set to 0x06 before the VerifyParams method is called (From what I see, there is no way it can change to 0x06 in the VerifyParams method, only to 0x05 and 0x04)

Meaning the status changes from any of these:

while( bytesProcessed < linkAdrReq->PayloadSize )
            {
                // Get ADR request parameters
                nextIndex = RegionCommonParseLinkAdrReq( &( linkAdrReq->Payload[bytesProcessed] ), &linkAdrParams );
                printf("[RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: nextIndex %d \n", nextIndex);

if( nextIndex == 0 )
                    break; // break loop, since no more request has been found

// Update bytes processed
                bytesProcessed += nextIndex;

// Revert status, as we only check the last ADR request for the channel mask KO
                status = 0x07;

// Setup temporary channels mask
                chMask = linkAdrParams.ChMask;
                printf("\t status %d, chMask %d\n", status, chMask);
                // Verify channels mask
                if( ( linkAdrParams.ChMaskCtrl == 0 ) && ( chMask == 0 ) )
                {
                    status &= 0xFE; // Channel mask KO <-- HERE
                    printf("\t chMaskCTRl1 == %d AND chMask == %d, status = %d\n", linkAdrParams.ChMaskCtrl, chMask, status);
                }
                else if( ( ( linkAdrParams.ChMaskCtrl >= 1 ) && ( linkAdrParams.ChMaskCtrl <= 5 )) ||
                        ( linkAdrParams.ChMaskCtrl >= 7 ) )
                {
                    // RFU
                    printf("\t (RFU) chMaskCTRl == %d status = %d\n", linkAdrParams.ChMaskCtrl, status);
                }
                else
                {
                    for( uint8_t i = 0; i < AS923_MAX_NB_CHANNELS; i++ )
                    {
                        if( linkAdrParams.ChMaskCtrl == 6 )
                        {
                            if( Channels[i].Frequency != 0 )
                            {
                                chMask |= 1 << i;
                            }
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            if( ( ( chMask & ( 1 << i ) ) != 0 ) &&
                                ( Channels[i].Frequency == 0 ) )
                            {// Trying to enable an undefined channel
                                printf("\t Channels[%d].Frequency == %d, AND chMask == %d, status = %d\n",i, Channels[i].Frequency, chMask, status);
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            printf("\t exiting While loop, status %d\n", status);

I have no clue what function these methods have, but I'll add some debug statements there:
    firmware

Edit: I just got the status 6 to appear on TTN as well, and the datarate did not update, but I forgot to keep the log :/ It has not occured since

• @Gijs
    Hi Gijs, adding my own debug prints means I need to compile the source code to generate the firmware file?

I knew that you had added the debug print to check the linkadreq data before the verification function. However, I am afraid that the number of parameters included in the debug print is not exhaustive enough. Maybe, the status variable should be added at the end of LinkAdrReq: (before verify).... so that we can determine if the status variable is already set to "6" prior to the RegionCommonVerify function. Let me share with you the debug prints from TTN and Chirpstack as follows:

On TTN:

[LoRaMac] PrepareFrame: adrNext[LoRaMac] ScheduleTx: next channel 1, RX channel DR: 5
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923ComputeRxWindowParameters: datarate 5
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923RxConfig: RX config channel 1, frequency 923400000, datarate 5
    [RegionAS923] RegionAS923RxConfig: RX config channel 1, frequency 923200000, datarate 2

On Chirpstack:

[RegionAS923] RegionAS923ComputeRxWindowParameters: datarate 0
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: (before verify) linkAdrParams.Datarate 5, TxPower 2, NbRep 1
    [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: status variables drOut: 5, txPowOut:2, nbRepOut 1, nbBytesParsed:5, status: 6

The only different I can see is the different Tx Power, which I have confirmed that it is not the culprit in the failed ADR issue on Chirpstack. So the only culprit would be the few lines of code related to channel mask setup before the verify function.

Thanks.

Wong

• Hi,
    Sorry for the long wait.

I could see that the data rate and the tx power for the next frame will only be set if the status value is 7.

You're correct here. I added a debug statement in the RegionLinkAdrReq(...) function, before calling the RegionCommonLinkAdrReqVerifyParams(...) to check the variable parameters, do you have an output there (it should be along the lines of [RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: (before verify) linkAdrParams.Datarate %d, TxPower %d, NbRep %d\n". Then, we can (hopefully) figure out which parameter is the issue there. As the function RegionCommon is the same for all regions.

Though I think the status = 0x06 is caused by setting the channel masks before calling the verifyparams method, as 0x07 &= 0xFE is the only math that can result in status = 0x06. It could then be only related to setting Chirpstack trying to set incorrect channelmasks (whatever that means).

Let me know what you get! And while I enjoy trying to figure it out, it might be faster for you to add the debug statements in your own copy?

Gijs

• Dear Gijs,

Many thanks for your importunate support. Alright, on TTN, the status returned by the RegionCommonLinkAdrReqVerifyParams function was "7". Whereas, on Chirpstack, the status returned by the function was "6".

The parent function RegionAS923LinkAdrReq which returns the status value from RegionCommonLinkAdrReqVerifyParams is called in function ProcessMacCommands.c in LoRaMac.c. I could see that the data rate and the tx power for the next frame will only be set if the status value is 7. See code:

case SRV_MAC_LINK_ADR_REQ:
                    {
                        LinkAdrReqParams_t linkAdrReq;
                        int8_t linkAdrDatarate = DR_0;
                        int8_t linkAdrTxPower = TX_POWER_0;
                        uint8_t linkAdrNbRep = 0;
                        uint8_t linkAdrNbBytesParsed = 0;

// Fill parameter structure
                        linkAdrReq.Payload = &payload[macIndex - 1];
                        linkAdrReq.PayloadSize = commandsSize - ( macIndex - 1 );
                        linkAdrReq.AdrEnabled = AdrCtrlOn;
                        linkAdrReq.UplinkDwellTime = LoRaMacParams.UplinkDwellTime;
                        linkAdrReq.CurrentDatarate = LoRaMacParams.ChannelsDatarate;
                        linkAdrReq.CurrentTxPower = LoRaMacParams.ChannelsTxPower;
                        linkAdrReq.CurrentNbRep = LoRaMacParams.ChannelsNbRep;

// Process the ADR requests
                        status = RegionLinkAdrReq( LoRaMacRegion, &linkAdrReq, &linkAdrDatarate,
                                                   &linkAdrTxPower, &linkAdrNbRep, &linkAdrNbBytesParsed );

if( ( status & 0x07 ) == 0x07 )
                        {
                            LoRaMacParams.ChannelsDatarate = linkAdrDatarate;
                            LoRaMacParams.ChannelsTxPower = linkAdrTxPower;
                            LoRaMacParams.ChannelsNbRep = linkAdrNbRep;
                        }

So, now we know that the root cause in the conditional checking in function RegionCommonLinkAdrReqVerifyParams. The body of the function is in RegionCommon.c. There are two conditional evaluations in the function:

if( RegionCommonChanVerifyDr( verifyParams->NbChannels, verifyParams->ChannelsMask, datarate,
                                          verifyParams->MinDatarate, verifyParams->MaxDatarate, verifyParams->Channels  ) == false )
            {
                status &= 0xFD; // Datarate KO
            }

// Verify tx power
            if( RegionCommonValueInRange( txPower, verifyParams->MaxTxPower, verifyParams->MinTxPower ) == 0 )
            {
                // Verify if the maximum TX power is exceeded
                if( verifyParams->MaxTxPower > txPower )
                { // Apply maximum TX power. Accept TX power.
                    txPower = verifyParams->MaxTxPower;
                }
                else
                {
                    status &= 0xFB; // TxPower KO
                }
            }

I found that our suspicion earlier about the tx power from LinkAdrReq being out of range was wrong since the RegionCommonValueinRange works fine and will always return a value of "1" if the tx power in LinkAdrReq is between the value of 0 and 7. With a value of 1 returned, the status value will remain unmodified and will stay constant at the value of 0x07 set initially at the beginning of the RegionAS923LinkAdrReq function.

So, we know now the culprit has to be the RegionCommonChanVerifyDr function. I suspect now that the root cause may be the channel masks in the LinkAdrReq. Can you add on to the debug print, the channel mask variable for the parsed variables in the AdrReq packet? Also, can you also add some debug prints in the body of function RegionCommonLinkAdrReqVerifyParams to visualise how the value of the status variable changes.

I think we are getting very near to solving the problem with ADR on Chirpstack server. If I may ask for your kind assistance to try using the Chirpstack server to see if you can identify the root cause on your end. Thanks.

Regards,
    Wong

• Great to hear your deployment on TTN is working! I'll check on integrating this feature in the firmware.
    I cant quite get the hang of the whole ADR routine, I've added a check above this function: RegionCommonLinkAdrReqVerifyParams. I'm not sure whether it is caused by the TXPower setting, though it appears to be the only different setting..
    I have compiled another firmware here

• @Gijs
    Thanks for your reply Gijs. Your addition of the debug prints helps me understand the flow better.
    Okay, as you have pointed out earlier, the difference between the linkadrreq from TTN and Chirpstack is the Tx Power. On TTN, it was 0 and the on Chirpstack it was 2. Now I suspect the culprit is in function: RegionAS923LinkAdrReq
    line:

status = RegionCommonLinkAdrReqVerifyParams( &linkAdrVerifyParams, &linkAdrParams.Datarate, &linkAdrParams.TxPower, &linkAdrParams.NbRep );

I need an additional debug print to find out if the status is true or false. I have a feeling that the status is false on Chirpstack, therefore, the data rate of the next frame did not change.

Can you also show me the location of the function RegionCommonLinkAdrReqVerifyParams which I believe in the underlying reason why ADR breaks on chirpstack. Best if you can pinpoint to me the exact piece of code that rejects Tx Power = 2.

P/S: My deployment in Singapore is now going smoothly with TTN, thanks to your help. However, I would also like for adr to work on Chirpstack for research purpose.

Thanks.

Wong

• Hi,
    Sorry for my late reply,
    I'll add some additional debug statements, and I'll share the code I changed:

bool RegionAS923AdrNext( AdrNextParams_t* adrNext, int8_t* drOut, int8_t* txPowOut, uint32_t* adrAckCounter )
    {
        bool adrAckReq = false;
        int8_t datarate = adrNext->Datarate;
        int8_t txPower = adrNext->TxPower;
        GetPhyParams_t getPhy;
        PhyParam_t phyParam;

// Report back the adr ack counter
        *adrAckCounter = adrNext->AdrAckCounter;
        printf("[RegionAS923] AdrNext: AdrAckCounter %d, AdrEnabled: %d, old datarate %d\n", adrNext->AdrAckCounter,adrNext->AdrEnabled, datarate);

if( adrNext->AdrEnabled == true )
        {
            if( datarate == AS923_TX_MIN_DATARATE )
            {
                *adrAckCounter = 0;
                adrAckReq = false;
            }
            else
            {
                if( adrNext->AdrAckCounter >= AS923_ADR_ACK_LIMIT ) // ACK_LIMIT = 64
                {
                    adrAckReq = true;
                    txPower = AS923_MAX_TX_POWER;
                }
                else
                {
                    adrAckReq = false;
                }
                if( adrNext->AdrAckCounter >= ( AS923_ADR_ACK_LIMIT + AS923_ADR_ACK_DELAY ) )
                {
                    if( ( adrNext->AdrAckCounter % AS923_ADR_ACK_DELAY ) == 1 )
                    {
                        // Decrease the datarate
                        getPhy.Attribute = PHY_NEXT_LOWER_TX_DR;
                        getPhy.Datarate = datarate;
                        getPhy.UplinkDwellTime = adrNext->UplinkDwellTime;
                        phyParam = RegionAS923GetPhyParam( &getPhy );
                        datarate = phyParam.Value;

if( datarate == AS923_TX_MIN_DATARATE )
                        {
                            // We must set adrAckReq to false as soon as we reach the lowest datarate
                            adrAckReq = false;
                            if( adrNext->UpdateChanMask == true )
                            {
                                ChannelsMask[0] |= LC( 1 ) + LC( 2 ) + LC( 3 ); //this line seems to be different!

}
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        printf("datarate out %d, txpowout %d\n", datarate, txPower);
        *drOut = datarate;
        *txPowOut = txPower;
        return adrAckReq;
    }

On my side, the AdrAckCounter increases to 64 (as specified by the AS923_ADR_ACK_LIMIT) and then does the AdrReq function. AS923_ADR_ACK_DELAY is 32.

I have attached the firmware with even more debug statements here

• @Gijs
    Chirpstack Debugging
    Hi Gijs, I think I have identified the lines in the function RegionAS923ADNext that have been invoked resulting in the data rate being defaulted to 2 and the Tx power being set to MAX. Can you please add a debug print to track the value of AdrNext->AdrAckCounter?
    Capture.PNG

Thanks.

Wong

• @Gijs
    In the source code, max_tx power out for AS923 is 0 and the min_tx power out is 7. So, they are within the bounds. If you dont mind, can you pinpoint to me the location where the source code interprets the linkadrreq? I believe that would be RegionAS923AdrNext. The reason why the next transmission defaulted to dr= 2 and tx=0 was because of the output of the ReguonAS923AdrNext function right?

• Do you notice any other differences in that line between TTN and Chirpstack?
    Comparing to mine:

[RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: status variables drOut: 5, txPowOut:2, nbRepOut 1, nbBytesParsed:5 <-- yours (Chirpstack?)

[RegionAS923] LinkAdrReq: status variables drOut: 5, txPowOut:0, nbRepOut 1, nbBytesParsed:5 <-- mine (TTN)

It could be the txPowOut set by Chirpstack is outside the bounds, its a stretch though..

• @Gijs
    Hi Gijs, Thanks for your reply. My concern was why: the next datarate out debug print still showing 2 even when the LinkAdrReq was clearly requesting for data rate = 5. Thanks

Pycom on Twitter