building firmware 1.18.2.r7 errors

• Hi,

Im trying to build a firmware but it is failing with errors

root@gt-VirtualBox:~/pycom-micropython-sigfox/esp32# make clean
    Use make SECURE=on [optionally SECURE_KEY ?= secure_boot_signing_key.pem] to enable Secure Boot and Flash Encryption mechanisms.
    Use make V=1 or set BUILD_VERBOSE in your environment to increase build verbosity.
    rm -rf build/WIPY/release
    root@gt-VirtualBox:~/pycom-micropython-sigfox/esp32# make
    Use make SECURE=on [optionally SECURE_KEY ?= secure_boot_signing_key.pem] to enable Secure Boot and Flash Encryption mechanisms.
    Use make V=1 or set BUILD_VERBOSE in your environment to increase build verbosity.
    mkdir -p build/WIPY/release/genhdr
    Create build/WIPY/release/genhdr/pins.h
    Generating build/WIPY/release/genhdr/mpversion.h
    GEN build/WIPY/release/genhdr/qstr.i.last
    In file included from ./mpconfigport.h:43:0,
                     from ../py/mpconfig.h:45,
                     from ../py/mpstate.h:31,
                     from ../py/mpstate.c:27:
    ./mp_pycom_err.h:11:33: fatal error: mbedtls/net_sockets.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.

i have compiled the most recent firmware following the readme with no issues.

my paths are set the same as the newest firmware but i must be missing something. I have tried

git clone --recursive -b v1.18.2.r7 https://github.com/pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox.git

with the newest idf. then i have tried different versions of the idf but I cant find any info on what i should be using.
    I have also tried downloading the gz file as well and seem to get the same results.

im using https://dl.espressif.com/dl/xtensa-esp32-elf-linux64-1.22.0-80-g6c4433a-5.2.0.tar.gz

does anyone have any ideas what i am missing or what i should be doing differently?

• Hi, I have a similar issue. What I found was that the paths in the pycom-esp-idf master branch is different from what I get when I clone with this branch idf_v3.3.1 (as stated in the readme). E.g. there was an additional level with mbedtls in the idf_v3.3.1 compared to the master.

I then tried to checkout the master branch of pycom-esp-idf and it build ok. I haven't check if the actual image/bin file is working / equal to the released version.

87bf23af-0b3e-48e9-8331-a6373771de97-image.png

• I have complied a firmware with frozen modules but it is v 1.20.2.R4 with the modules and it seems to work well.
    is there a way i can add a folder www with my html files so i can include it in the firmware?

i tried putting this into the frozen/Common folder but it doesnt seem to work or i dont know the path to wall the html pages.

Pycom on Twitter