Pymakr not compatible with Atom 1.56?

• Hello

Atom upgraded automatically to version 1.56, after this Pymakr console disappeared, the configuration of Pymakr was ok but the console was gone.

Downgrading Atom to version 1.55 all works fine again. I deactivated the automatic updates of Atom because if version 1.56 is reinstalled, everything stops working.

So, Atom v1.56 is not compatible with Pymakr 2.1.9 plugin?

ps: working on OS MacOS 10.15.7

• Im having this bug on Debian Linux and when trying on Windows, it says it cant detect my Visual Studio (got the 2022 community edition).

Trying to revert to version 2.1.9 as recommended by this fine gentleman above, i find that version 2.1.9 has been removed from git?!?! it jumps from 1.4.0 to 2.2.0

What is going on? I have a completely useless product at the moment.

• As far as I know, there are currently no issues with the latest Pymakr on Atom 1.57 (Im using MacOS). Could you elaborate on the issue's youre having in a new topic? Thanks

• It would be nice if the Atom incompatibility was noted in the Getting Started doco...wasted 4hours today trying to get Atom 1.57 running wondering why i had no Pymakr console :(

• We're working on fixing Pymakr. It will be done as soon as possible

• Any news on when there will be an update for pymakr for Atom as it seems that the previous version has stopped working for me so I'm now no longer able to connect to devices to upload new code.

Cheers

Andrew

• @Gijs Is anyone, besides me, old enough to remember the 1970 film 'Ryan's daughter'. In it John Mills plays Michael, a dim witted soul eager to please. Reminds me of modern day software. Today Atom updated itself to 1.56 (despite me having the auto update box unticked) then tried unsuccessfully to upload pymakr 2.1.10. So now I'm rolling back, for the third time in as many days to, 1.54/2.1.9

On the upside I'm getting quicker at it.

• We're aware of the issue on Atom 1.56 and in the process of fixing it

• Same problem as well. Lost my Pymakr console and had to play version musical chairs to get it back.

To get 1.55, uninstall atom, then go here: https://github.com/atom/atom/releases/tag/v1.55.0 click on AtomSetup-x64.exe, save it, then run it.

• Same problem here on Windows10, can u explain to how to rollback Atom to 1.55? I can't figure out how to do that.

Pycom on Twitter