Firmware crash without reason

• Hello,

I get lots of crash on my Pycom FiPY module. I thought initially it was due to my code, but now, even when I boot with safeboot and let the module on REPL (connected to USB for alimention), I get the following backtrace when it crashes (on official firmware 1.20..2.r6):

mp_execute_bytecode
    /var/jenkins_home/workspace/micropython-sigfox_Release_v1.20/esp32/../py/vm.c:1338
    mp_hal_delay_ms
    /var/jenkins_home/workspace/micropython-sigfox_Release_v1.20/esp32/hal/esp32_mphal.c:218
    mp_hal_stdin_rx_chr
    /var/jenkins_home/workspace/micropython-sigfox_Release_v1.20/esp32/hal/esp32_mphal.c:148
    readline
    /var/jenkins_home/workspace/micropython-sigfox_Release_v1.20/esp32/../lib/mp-readline/readline.c:425
    pyexec_friendly_repl
    /var/jenkins_home/workspace/micropython-sigfox_Release_v1.20/esp32/../lib/utils/pyexec.c:474
    TASK_Micropython
    /var/jenkins_home/workspace/micropython-sigfox_Release_v1.20/esp32/mptask.c:360

As I get similar backtrace when my program is running (always get readline and pyexec_friendly_repl), I think there is a problem with the REPL, which I don't think should crash.

My application crashes as well with these kind of errors incriminating readline and REPL, but it could be linked to the fact that once everything is initialized, I'm only using threads, alarm and GPIO callbacks to have my application working on events. So the REPL is accessible.

If the problem is linked to the REPL, is there a better way than an infinite loop with time.sleep(x) inside to finish my application program, waiting for next events, and without adding power consumption or CPU load? I can't put the CPU in sleep mode as I'm using the BLE radio.

Thanks for your help.

• Hello Louis,

Can you share small part of your script or basic reproduction code with us? In this way, we can investigate the issue easily. Also, the crash backtraces would be very useful.

Best regards,
    Meric

Pycom on Twitter