So GPy is phase-out now what?

• We have a design based on the GPy, on our own board, with our CE and security testing done. But as you may have heard the GPy and a whole bunch of the other OG modules are being discontinued. As I do have a board that is using this module, I have to look for the options. Seems like the new Pycom modules will not have the same footprint. but asking Pycom, I get no answers. And no answers seems like a repeat of the last couple of years of collaboration with Pycom to be honest. So I am thinking to myself, perhaps we should just forget about it, and move on. Start from fresh somewhere else. But that means wasting a lot of money and energy. So I understand this is not the typcial post in a tech forum, but as Pycom is silent (well, they can fill out the blanks here of course) I just need to ask if anyone knows anything more about the footprint of the new modules? If you happen to know a good, viable option to the GPy that I can look at instead? Hopefully with a little bit more focus on longevity and collaboration. Thanks for participating in the discussion.

• @Thomas-Millard Good that you responded to my post. It seems like the new module has a different footprint, so there is no hot-swappable solution ahead. Perhaps we can produce such a thing based on the OEM-modules if you are interested, would probably be cheaper if we can share costs?

• I also produce a product that is reliant upon the Gpy. We are looking for stock and then have the big question of the next step. Is there a replacement product? Will it still use python and the same capability or compatibility? Will it fit our current board design?

This does seem like a product that will be important moving forward and not just for my company but... A plug and go replacement will be ideal and I would welcome any input or feedback that includes viable suggestions.
    Thanks to all of you pioneers!

• Thanks @robert-hh for your excellent support through the years! I had my battles and at this point all problems are solved. When moving to a new platform I will most likely have to do all CE and safety tests again. I am evaluating moving to another platform, however if I can get more tech info from Pycom and a road map I can possibly change my mind. However my mails to the sales address remains unanswered, hence my reaction here.

• @Don-iot Looking at the pictures, the new F01 H7 modules fit on a M.2 formatted carrier board. According to the pictures, it looks like a 60x22 mm M.2 board.
    Whether you can expect Pycom to deliver a different service than in the past years is up to you. In my experience hardware was well manufactured and worked reliable, once it was available. What always was lacking was a consistent software development and support.

Pycom on Twitter