SD Card image

• Hello,

It looks as if the SD Card is bad/corrupted on one of my hotspots. The disk light on the CM4 is on solid and it won't respond to pings. Would it be OK if I cloned an SD card from a brand new hotspot and installed it or are there any unique files I need to be concerned about.

• @DC same problem dead and no support , I’ve just threw it in the bin waste of time

• @Dimitrios-Bogiatzoules
    OK - So I used Balena Etcher to clone an SD card from a brand new Pycom hotspot to a new 64gb PNY SD card. It booted up and I was able to pair it with BT to set the WiFi. I let it cook for about an hour and then checked to see if it was working by activating a helium tracker. It provided an uplink to the helium console. CHECK! I also checked to see if the web diagnostics was working, and it is now on the latest version which has you change the default password. We'll see if it is still running tomorrow - hopefully with several PoC events...

• It's dead. No bluetooth pairing, no nothing. I noticed that it had zero activity for several hours, which is unusual, as this one was doing quite well. When I power it on, the disk light blinks, then goes solid. There is a green and red light on solid on the Pygate module. Usually, it is just the green light.

I may just try and clone a card from a new one and give it a try anyway. What's the worse that can happen?

I noticed that it may have done some sort of software update because last night when I logged on to the web interface, it said it was the first time I was logging in (no, it wasn't) and wanted me to change the default password, which I did.

Hopefully, someone from support will chime in. They should open a maker discord channel, as I have gotten help from RAK and Sensecap quickly on Discord.

• This post is deleted!

• @DC Good question! I suspected that is the reason, why one of my three hotspots stopped working, but did not removed the SD card to examine it, without Pycom's OK. If the support could provide us an image, then we could see if the damage is on the SD card only.

Pycom on Twitter