MAC OSX Sierra - Pymakr not starting

• Hi all

Finally managed to get thru all the various dependencies and steps at https://github.com/pycom/Pymakr/blob/master/README-MacOSX.rst

As per other threads on simaler topic I have upgraded MacPorts and all ports are fully up to date

If I run from command line I get

pymakr
    /Applications/pymakr.app/Contents/MacOS/pymakr: line 5: /Applications/pymakr.app/Contents/MacOS/pymakr: Argument list too long
    /Applications/pymakr.app/Contents/MacOS/pymakr: line 5: /Applications/pymakr.app/Contents/MacOS/pymakr: Undefined error: 0

I'm assuming its not happy about something on the below line in the script

exec "/Applications/pymakr.app/Contents/MacOS/pymakr" "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymakr/pymakr.py" "$@"

My limited skills run out of steam at this point sorry

• @jmarcelino Thanks

Will check Homebrew info you provided out. Worked out of box on a Linux box that one of the dev's uses and he owns that project for now so the heat is off for a while ;)

• @markl

Oh? I thought the package provided by Pycom for OSX was self contained, I didn't do any of those steps.
    Maybe MacPorts installed conflicting versions of something?

I definitely don't have Macports, deleted it several months ago and now just use Homebrew.

• @jmarcelino Thanks for the reply

To be 100% clear I did not build Pymakr. This issue is with the pre-built version

• I guess not many here tried building Pymakr themselves.

Does the pre-built version available at https://www.pycom.io/resources/ work?

Also note Pymakr is no longer recommended as a development tool, instead Pycom is now focused on creating plugins for editors like Atom etc.

Until the plugins are ready you can just write your Python code in any editor and upload to the board via FTP. For access to Python prompt (REPL) either telnet or screen /dev/your_serial_device_here 115200.

• No one seen this issue before?

I'm evaluating Pycom as a key component in an IoT offering. Not off to a great start it would seem.

Pycom on Twitter