Help me understand the data flow: LoPy (LoRa OTAA) -> LoRaWAN Nano-Gateway -> TTN -> PyBytes

• Hi,

Currently I'm playing around with the PyBytes Beta for an upcoming project where I want to visualize different sensor metrics.
    When flashing PyBytes to my Lopy/Lopy4 modules it is working as long as I'm using the WiFi network to transfer the data. With WiFi I'm able to generate charts within the PyBytes UI as described in the documentation.

However, what is not clear to me: how can I send data to PyBytes without WiFi but using LoRa OTAA and a LoRaWAN Nano-Gateway instead?

My current test setup:
    -1x Lopy is being used as a LoRaWAN Nano-Gateway (Gateway registered on TTN, online, visible)
    -1x Lopy4 is being used as a PyBytes device (LoRa using OTAA, no WiFi or Lora ABP). Based on the "pybytes_config.json" I'm creating an Application on TTN with the correct EUI.
    -The Lopy4 is now able to connect to the LoRaWAN Nano-Gateway and I'm trying to send data using the following function: pybytes.send_virtual_pin_value(False, 1, 13) in the main.py. Now I would expect to receive a value of 13 for the virtual pin 1 defined in PyBytes UI but unfortunately I don't receive anything.

Am I missing something or is it currently not supported what I'm trying to achieve?

Thank you very much upfront for any input!

BR,
    Ben

• @xykon

Thanks for your confirmation - that will save me a lot of time.
    I'm going to wait for the official Nano gateway support then.

Already pretty excited!

• administrators

@macc Nano gateway is not yet supported through Pybytes.

• @robert-hh
    Good point! Let me check this as soon as I'm back home to verify if I can see anything data there.
    I'll keep you posted.

• @jcaron
    This could be the case but I couldn't find a statement so far that would help me to understand if it is currently supposed to work.
    Probably you're correct and that is also the reason why the "Nano-Gateway" option is greyed-out in the PyBytes UI when trying to creating a new device.

• Never tried PyBytes, but from what I see the nano-gateway does not seem to be supported yet, which means there's probably an issue with the incompatible channels (device trying to send on channels the gateway is not listening on)?

• @macc If you log on to the TTN console and go to the section applications, data tab, you should at least see the messages coming from your LoPy4 mote. Is that happening?

Pycom on Twitter