New firmware release 1.6.13.b1

• administrators

Hello,

A new firmware version has been released. This release is mostly about fixing a problem with the SiPy operating in RCZ2 and RCZ4 were only the first 2 packets of a round of 18 will be transmitted properly. This has been documented in: https://docs.pycom.io/pycom_esp32/library/network.Sigfox.html

Here's the change log:

• esp32/sigfox: Store the last tx timestamp in the RTC memory.
    • esp32/sigfox: Add sigfox.rssi() method.
    • esp32/sigfox: On RCZ2 and RCZ4 always go back to the default channel after the second Tx.
    • esp32: Correct incorrect ordering of ADC1 channel pins.
    • esp32: Add more reset causes and make the RTC persistent during deep sleep.

Cheers,
    Daniel

• @markj use ubinascii.hexlify(string) to covert it to hex-ASCII.

• Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but..

When I try to get the mac address of my Wipy it gives me this:
    b'$\n\xc4\x00\xad\xc4' Why does it look look this and how could I get output like a normal mac string?

Apparently it is raw bytes in Python 3.
    The code, running on the firmware version mentioned here.

import network
    wlan = network.WLAN()
    print(wlan.mac())

• @daniel Hello Daniel, may I kindly ask you to update the firmware repository? There is a substantial lag now.

• Re: New firmware release 1.6.13.b1
    Just for the record since I see a lot of complaining online about using the Windows upgrade tool: on my LoPy it worked without a problem. Upgrading was 2 minutes work, all scripts were still there.

• @robert-hh
    In the meantime i have moved i2c display from breadboard (really short connections side by side) and solder it on my custom board. All other devices was soldered previously.
    But i have also found accidental indentation gc.collect which run really rare.

Now whole code work since 26 hours - i must test more to see what caused problems.
    And i must restart board to see if it still be working that way.

P.S. 100 nF nice gift from china for i2c ;-)

• @daniel
    In this thread:
    https://forum.pycom.io/topic/1083/does-deepsleep-work-at-all/
    you mentioned that you plan to introduce following modification:
    Do not start-up WiFi by default on boot. This will speed up boot times dramatically and reduce power consumption.

Can we expect this modification to be implemented anytime soon?

• @livius Then it may be the opposite. Do you use the bare chips or modules with the chips embedded. In the latter case they may have already pull-up resistors on-board. In that case, the pull-up value may get too low.
    As an anecdote: I ordered recently a pair of ADS1115 modules from china, which did not work. Looking closely at the module I saw, that instead of the pull-up resistors the vendor had assembled capacitors on the board (100 nF), which definitely did not help. I complained at the vendor, and they apologized a lot, and promised to send new modules, but better packed this time!

• @robert-hh
    Yes, i have. But when i wrote

many times

it was ony generality - it happen for me e.g. 3 times per day.
    I have on i2c:

• BH1750
    • BMP180
    • HMC5883L
    • 2x16 blue LCD

• @livius Did you add external pull-up resistors? The internal weak pull-up may be not strong enough to drive several units. Typically 4k7 Ohm is recommended.

• @danielm
    Bluetooth Classic depends on the chip supplier, Espressif, which hasn't supported it officially yet - first they need to support it in ESP-IDF and only then can Pycom think of adding it in.

As far as I know there is no strict schedule on new features from Espressif but they very recently supported Bluetooth A2DP audio sink so SPP may come for ESP-IDF version 3 - but that's many months away, v2 was released less than a month ago.

Also I think that will eat up a lot of RAM, so maybe unwise to even enable it on current hardware until the modules with greatly expanded external RAM are available.

• @daniel
    Could you please mention planned features for next releases?
    When can we expect support of Bluetooth Classic profiles (e.g. SPP)?

• @daniel
    When I2C as hardware implementation?
    I many times got random errors - especially when more devices are connected:

OSError: I2C bus error

and this is not capacity problem..

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.