ImportError: cannot import name Bluetooth **SOLVED**

• I am trying to run some of the Bluetooth examples given in the documentation but am getting the error message: ImportError: cannot import name Bluetooth. I have updated to the latest WiPy 2.0 firmware and can run other code including a web server example, so I am reasonably confident the WiPy is working. I have also tried importing the Bluetooth class using the REPL but get the same result:

>>> from network import Bluetooth                                                                                       
    Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                      
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>                                                                                   
    ImportError: cannot import name Bluetooth   

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• administrators

@tenspot No problem! :) It was likely that you had a very old version of the firmware tool installed!

• @bucknall Hi, I have re-installed the firmware update program and run this to update the firmware to the latest version and I can now import the Bluetooth class.

Thanks for your help.

• @bucknall Hi, I have updated the firmware again but nothing has changed it is still showing as release='0.9.7.b1'. the update process seems to complete o.k. However, the firmware update program welcome screen say "This wizard will help you upgrade your Pycom board firmware to version 0.9.7.b1." so am I using an old version of this program?

• administrators

@tenspot Looks like your firmware update wasn't successful! This likely explains the Bluetooth issues!

Could you try to update the firmware again please? :)

You're looking to see release='1.6.3.b1',

Thanks!

• Hi,

The response is:

(sysname='WiPy', nodename='WiPy', release='0.9.7.b1', version='v1.8.6-234-g765f2bc on 2016-12 02', machine='WiPy with ESP32')

• administrators

Hi @tenspot,

Could you please go to the REPL and run:

import os
    os.uname()

I know you have already updated, but this will just double check that the firmware is on the latest version!

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.