AS923

• Is there support for AS923 in the latest LoPy firmware (1.7.3.b1)?

As the data rates are defined differently how would the LoPy band plan be selected. I know you can define the channels manually and I have managed to get the OTAA join request out of the LoPy but I can't get qa successful join.

Has anyone had any success with AS923?

I'm using a multitech gateway, TTN backend and their latest packet forwarder ([v2.0.2] https://github.com/TheThingsNetwork/packet_forwarder/releases))

• Quite possible, it looks like the LoPy isn't pick up the RX even though I can see the message being queued on the gateway at the same Freq, SF, and BW as the uplink packet. I know the data rate specifications are different on AS923 so when you define a channel on the LoPy is will only allow DR 0-4 on a 915MHz build where as AS923 has 0-7 defined as it allows a much wider range of SF.

To be honest it would actually be clearer from a developer's point of view to be able to define a channel based on SF and BW and therefore make the firmware build more flexible.

As more and more band plans are defined by the LoRa Alliance I can see the LoPy is going to need to be able to be dynamically configurable, especially for countries in NZ where multiple band plans are available. A regional/geograhpical lock just doesn't work in that situation. perhaps that is a certification nightmare. The upstream code from Semtech has been substantially re-written to support AS923 and others for LoRaWAN 1.0.2, perhaps that code needs to be ported into the LoPy?

• Pybytes Beta

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.