LTE Modem interference

• Hi All,
    I am having trouble connecting to the FiPy LTE modem but only under certain circumstances.

I am currently working on an air quality sensor and have two versions with slightly different setups/sensors.
    The V1 system works fine for both Lopy4 and Fipy with LTE. The V2 also works fine with the Lopy4 but I am not able to connect to the Fipy modem and use LTE.

I have tried:

• Different Fipys
    • Different Pysenses
    • Pycom Firmware: 1.20.13rc, 1.20.2r1, 1.18.0 and 1.18.1
    • Upgrading the pysense firmware
    • Different power sources
    • Using safeboot mode
    import sqnsupgrade
    sqnsupgrade.info()

always returns: "Cannot determine modem state!" and does not allow me to upgrade the modem firmware.

Has anybody had trouble with the modem spuriously interacting with something?
    Any help would be much appreciated!

• Hi,
    From what I understand, the Fipy's LTE modem no longer responds to you in the Pysense V2 (That is what cannot determine modem state! means). You mention using different fipys and pysenses etc.

Do you have multiple Fipys experiencing this issue? Only on Pysense 2.0 X, or also on Pysense 1? Are you using additional accessories on the Pysense through the expansionpins?

Can you try the following for me on the Fipy that does not work. Completely wipe the Fipy flash (in the pycom firmware update tool, advanced section clear NVS, CONFIG and erase flash check marks) and update to the latest firmware 1.20.2.r1.

Let me know

Gijs

Pycom on Twitter