'Timer' has no attribute 'PERIODIC'

• Hi everyone,
    I'm just getting started with timers and irq and I was trying the example code.
    However I have an issue with the initialisation of the timer.
    Here is my code:

tim1 = Timer(1, mode=Timer.PERIODIC)
    tim1_ch = tim1.channel(Timer.A, freq=100)
    tim1_ch.irq(priority=7, trigger=Timer.TIMEOUT, handler=acquireData_cb)

And the return

PYB: soft reboot
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "main.py", line 42, in <module>
    AttributeError: type object 'Timer' has no attribute 'PERIODIC'
    MicroPython v1.8.6-607-g9c8a0e9e on 2017-05-01; WiPy with ESP32
    Type "help()" for more information.

I was basically running with a custom firmware so I reflashed the last one but still gets the error

>>> import os
    >>> os.uname()
    (sysname='WiPy', nodename='WiPy', release='1.6.13.b1', version='v1.8.6-607-g9c8a0e9e on 2017-05-01', machine='WiPy with ESP32')

I already had a similar issue on pyBoard with the time module where ticks_ms was not available.

Did someone already had the same problem?

• Hi @bucknall, I finally found this library for using queues on micropython.

However, this library need collections.deque and uasynio.core.

1 from collections.deque import deque
    2 from uasyncio.core import sleep

I went to the github repository, I downloaded collection.deque but I couldn't find uasynio.core anywhere.

I think I'm not importing libraries correctly because I need to modify the line from collections.deque import deque to from collections import deque

So now I would like to find the uasyncio.core module to be able to use the queue library ^^

I hope I do not need to open a new thread for this question.
    If so, I'm sorry ;)

• @bucknall

As there is not so much documentation about multithreading and interrupts, how could two threads communicate?
    I'm looking for a queue-like mecanism but I can't find anything about it neither in Threading or Timers.

Thanks

• Hi @bucknall,

I was using this documentation : https://docs.pycom.io/wipy/library/machine.Timer.html

I had not realized yet that wipy documentation and wipy 2.0 was not the same...

Thank you very much, everything is working fine now.

• administrators

Hi @Arkaik,

Where are you getting your example code from? Please see https://docs.pycom.io/pycom_esp32/pycom_esp32/tutorial/includes/timers.html for our example code within our documentation.

It's important to note that our timers do not work the same as on the Pyboard.

Thanks!

Alex

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.